Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Mom's Peach Cobbler

Mmmmmm.....


I love warm yummy comforting deserts on a cold night.
I recently made my favorite recipe for peach cobbler.

Ingredients 

1 1/2 cup flour
1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter 
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 large can of peaches with liquid
1 1/2 cup milk
ground cinnamon, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix peaches with 1/2 cup sugar.
Place butter in 3-Quart baking dish and place in the over till melted.
Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix till combined.
Add the milk to the flour sugar mixture and stir well, then pour over the butter in the dish. Don't stir it.
Spoon the peaches over top of the batter.

Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon. Bake for 30-45 minutes till the batter has risen to the top and is golden brown and bubbly.

Yummy!
Can be served with a scoop of ice cream or as my mom always did, pour a little canned milk over top.

Enjoy!
(P.S. Thanks to my wonderful mother for teaching me how to make this many years ago)

Love <3 Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment