Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mizithra cheese with garlic browned butter and pasta!


I loved going to the Spaghetti Factory growing up and would always get their 

Mizithra Cheese & 
Browned Butter


So I made up my own version of this yummy Italian dish!
My picky husband even loves when I make this.

What you will need

Angel hair pasta (or any kind of thin spaghetti)
Butter
Italian Myzithra Cheese
Minced Garlic
Fresh Parsley

How to make
Boil pasta according to package directions,
 drain and set a side
Shred cheese


Chop Parsley


Take your butter and melt in small sauce pan
Cook on medium heat stirring constantly 
Until butter becomes slightly brownish
 Add a spoonful of garlic to the butter
Stir for just a few seconds 
 Pour butter sauce over pasta 


Plate pasta and sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top
Finish off with a sprinkle of parsley!


Just a Few notes
I don't use measurements when I make this. 
If you use a whole box of pasta use about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups butter.
I find my mizithra cheese at my local Smiths in their specialty cheese display.

Enjoy!

Love <3 Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment