Sunday, April 8, 2012

Springtime Basket Wreath

Awe well happy belated happy Easter.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday however you celebrate it in your family.
We had a lovely gathering with my husbands family and are nieces and nephew.
We hid Easter eggs for the kids and had too much really good food.


now down to business...

Doesn't this time of year just make you want to splash bits of color throughout your house?
I love the blooms and buds popping up all around.
And you can't forget to adorn your door with a spring inspired wreath!


This basket of spring only costed $3 to make!!

Wanna know how I made this cute yet cheep wreath?


Well if so read on and I will show you how.


First you need a few simple things as follows....
Wreath form (I used a straw one bought at the dollar store)
Yellow Crate Paper (dollar store as well. I used two rolls comes in one pack)
Wide cheap ribbon (bought for a dollar from Walmart)
Silk Leaves (had some leftover from our wedding)
And hot glue and pretty ribbon to tie a bow with if you like.






Place and hot glue your leaves on half the wreath making the handle part of the basket wreath.
I simply placed all my leaves where I wanted them then went back and glued them in place.




Next start right under where the leaves end take a piece of wide ribbon cut a length the fits across the wreath with the ends fitting behind the wreath. Hot glue in place. And repeat all the way down.




Make sure you put the ribbon on tight because this is the basket part that the flowers will attach to.


OK now onto the flower making. I must confess that I didn't get any photos of the making of the yellow pretty flowers so I took some making the same flower with brown packing paper. So this is why the following pictures will be of a brown flower.


For the flowers I cut 1' , 1' 6", and 2' strips of crate paper.



Strip of paper.


Scrunch it up in your hand.


Straighten it out again, but be careful this is still paper.


With your hands holding each end twist the paper to get a nicely twisted gathered strip like the photo.


Starting at one end fold over and place a small dot of glue to start your flower.


Wrap around the glue fold. Hold in place with your fingers and continue placing small dots of glue and wrapping around. Keep the flower flat to achieve the shape of the flowers on the wreath.


Wrap and glue until you have a tail left that is big enough to cover the backside of the flower.


Glue a circle on the tail and press on the back of the flower to cover the backside and hold in place.


Trim any excess paper that may be sticky out the edges from the back side we glued on.


Your flower should look something like this one.
The length of your strip will determine the size of your flower.

Now make a bunch more. For my wreath I used two rolls of crate paper and made the perfect amount of flowers for my wreath.


Once you have your wreath prepared and your flowers made, comes the fun part of gluing the flowers on! 
Use hot glue to glue the flowers on the ribbon. I place mine starting from the sides to the bottom placing them very close and over lapping at times. I think this achived the best look over all.


Glue them on close together. 
And your DONE!
Add a bow then hang it up and admire your hard work and few dollars spent well!


Thanks for hanging out with me.

Hope you have a super day!

Love <3 Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment